Note: This job will be hired directly within the local region only. Recruiters and remote interests need not apply.
Our team of talented software engineers exists to create new consumer experiences that are found on desktop and mobile devices for our major media, sports, and entertainment clients. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects throughout the year, developing a platform of reusable components and advanced web platforms that bring together the best of what this industry craves.
The Front-End Software Engineer will participate in web development projects for some of the most visible brands in college sports, such as the University of Kentucky and the Atlantic Coast Conference. Your work will be seen and enjoyed by tens of millions of visitors each year. You will assist us in creating and refining our web UI, using your expertise to enable all of our customers to differentiate themselves and showcase their numerous sports and athletes. A key part of your responsibilities will include equal participation in our development process, estimating and working to meet team commitments, and tight interaction with the Product group. This is your chance to work with a group of talented software professionals in a progressive company growing beyond its startup roots.
- Working with our Design Department, provide appropriate engineering input to help streamline designs for proper implementation.
- Implement web systems as responsive designs, including support for most mobile devices and tablets in various resolutions, all common operating systems, and all common browser types.
- Partner with project stakeholders to refine and deliver product requirements.
- Refactor existing code for improved performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Contribute on a team level as much as on an individual level – collaboration, mentoring, constructive feedback cycles, and encouragement are critical parts of our culture and ability to succeed.
- Successful track record of working in an Agile environment and delivering on time.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent in professional experience.
- Two years’ experience with web UI development, involving CSS (SASS preferred), HTML5.
- Experience with Git/SCM best practices.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and application domains.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment with talented professionals.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly growing software organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with React, Angular, Ruby on Rails, jQuery.
- Common development patterns applicable to front-end technology.