COMPANY: Silver Chalice is a next generation, digital sports media & technology company built upon three best-in-class capabilities - production, distribution and monetization of sports content. We specialize in building a digital strategy from inception and bringing top-tier execution capabilities into the mix: exclusive, made-for-digital video and network creation; digital/mobile development; distribution/syndication and sponsorship/digital sales.
Founded in 2009, Silver Chalice is backed by the ownership group of the Chicago White Sox and operates offices out of Boulder, CO and Chicago, IL. Silver Chalice also has satellite sales offices in New York, Atlanta and Los Angeles. Additionally, we own and operate production studios in Chicago and Charlotte, NC.
To date, Silver Chalice has launched multiple digital networks including 120 Sports, Campus Insiders & ACC Digital Network.
Seeking a leader to join the sales team. This role will focus on traditional and non-traditional prospecting to target and generate new business revenue via regional & national companies. Role will require strategic analysis, understanding of market trends, partner contacts, company & personal relationships and vertical expertise.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- A keen focus on identifying client business challenges and translating them into opportunities to sell SCV sponsorship & media solutions:
- Identify and cultivate new revenue opportunities
- Experience managing client relationships from initial pitch, through transition/onboarding, Into long-term engagements of ongoing strategic management and leadership
- Creatively explore upsell opportunities with existing sponsorship & media partners
- A growth-focused leader with a strong ability to align team members to develop, implement and optimize sponsorship & media programs which deliver client solutions profitably
- An ability to understand the needs of the sales, audience development, production and technology teams. As well as the capability to participate in healthy debates with co-executives on corporate and business unit goals
- Has an innate desire and skill in building deep trusted relationships/partnerships with sponsors, media agencies and partners
- Excellent communication and demonstrated ability to influence and gain buy-in from all internal stakeholders
- Ability to work well cross-functionally across the company
- Lead and manage national sales accounts
- Create strategic business plan with SVP and Director and agree to annual sales goal
- Work along side the national sales team on achieving revenue growth, prospecting, collaboration, etc.
- Responsible for developing a pipeline of qualified sponsorship & media prospects large enough to meet or exceed financial goals
- Understand client marketing needs and business models in order to expedite sales cycle
- Understand SCV capabilities and accurately articulates SCV value sponsorship & media proposition
- Communicate industry opportunities to management and help facilitate conversations and direction designed to best position SCV for success
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- 1-5 years revenue development career track with progressively responsible roles focused on integrated sponsorship & digital media expertise, preferably in consultative selling to Fortune 500 C-level decision makers and/or similar senior level agency decision makers
- Proven track record of successfully closing six figure sponsorship and/or media deals
- Solid understanding of the digital/technology landscape including industry trends, key players, terminology and overall knowledge of the sponsorship/media landscape with ability to craft integrated marketing plans and solutions
- Strong goal-orientation with proven experience in building a pipeline of new business and exceeding established financial targets
- Robust analytical skills, including market strategy and a value-based selling process
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creation of convincing and strategic sales approaches, proposals, documentations and presentations
- Motivated by a rewarding commission-based compensation plan
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively inform, motivate, and organize a multi-person sales team
- Advanced negotiating skills