Our product management team defines solutions and leads team execution of new consumer experiences found on desktop and mobile devices for our major media, sports, and entertainment clients. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects throughout the year, developing a platform of reusable components and advanced platforms that bring together the best of what this industry craves.
The Senior Product Manager facilitates the team in defining experiences and manages development for some of the most visible brands in university sports, such as Notre Dame, University of Kentucky, Auburn, UCLA, and the Atlantic Coast Conference. Your work will be seen and enjoyed by tens of millions of visitors each year, enhancing how everyone interacts with their favorite college sports teams. As we continue expanding these client portfolios across new media platforms like VR and Apple TV, our product management team will lead the way.
The position demands the ability to think strategically in building and managing product roadmaps, as well as the strong organization and communication skills to plan down to the smallest details and coordinate team delivery. In addition to managing the product vision through the full lifecycle, a key part of your responsibilities will include day to day oversight of the execution of new product introductions and enhancements to existing products; your planning and facilitation skills will be paramount to the team delivering at every step from ideation to design, requirements creation to sprint management, and from testing to delivery.
Responsibilities / Activities
- Manage internal and external-facing product roadmap(s) through the full product life cycle
- Identify market opportunities and independently define product vision and strategy.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the market and product/solution in place for assigned clients in order to provide support to both the client and internal resources.
Goal Directed Design / Product Definition
- Define and document product requirements from various inputs (e.g. customers, platform operations, engineering, etc.), and validate with real customers and users.
- You bridge technical and business requirements by leading cross-functional teams that include but are not limited to front-end design team as well as engineering and QA.
- Work directly with customer as well as client services and other internal stakeholders to understand customer needs and gather product requirements.
Build / Test
- Actively participate in daily scrums and act as primary point-of-contact (PoC) for establishing and working through priorities.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule, based on competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ensure engineering and QA success through clearly written specifications and acceptance criteria in development tickets.
Deploy / Launch
- Work internally and with 3rd parties to deploy applications (e.g. technology partners).
- Support and coordinate with client services on timing and scope of releases.
- Post-launch, provide the necessary support to identify and resolve any issues in the applications
- Establish and track relevant metrics and use analytics to make informed business decisions
- Constantly be aware of and communicate lessons learned to the team to make the product life cycle process stronger, which includes facilitating cross-functional post mortems.
- Act as a senior member of the team; providing mentorship and guidance on product strategy and independently making decisions that impact the success of the product.
This is a senior level position with high expectations for your proficiency and autonomy as a strong Product Manager. Specifically, we are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of product management experience including a proven track record of guiding product realization from idea through deployment to end-of-life
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or other functional area
- Passionate about SPORTS and the products used by sports fans
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building skills
- Strong ability to grasp and communicate highly technical concepts
- Superior written, verbal and presentation skills, including experience presenting to a large group in an engaging manner
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI / UX, sales, customer support, finance or marketing
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
We pay attention to your cultural capabilities as much as your technical prowess. A candidate with a great culture fit in SportsLabs will look like this:
- You are comfortable carrying big responsibility within a small team.
- You’re a dedicated team player who takes the team’s commitments as least as seriously as you take your own.
- You enjoy helping others learn and succeed.
- You understand that there is more to a company’s long-term success than great product management, but you know that it’s awfully hard without it.
- You live for the moments when your team’s contributions, and your own work, make a big, positive impact on your company’s health.
What Does SportsLabs Have to Offer?
All full time employees are eligible to receive full company benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, FSA accounts, 401(k) and term life insurance.
We will provide you with the latest technology and tools you need to do your job.
Fully stocked kitchen equipped with unlimited coffee, soda, juices, and snacks.
Weekly Lunch Catering
Every Thursday we have lunch catered in from various restaurants in the area. During this time, different teams across the company give updates on what they are working on to keep everyone informed.
All Full time Silver Chalice employees are eligible to sign up for a free ECO Pass (valued at $1,440/year), pass holders are entitled to unlimited rides of RTD transit services inducing:
- Any local, express or regional bus
- Boulders community transit network: HOP, SKIP, JUMP, BOUND, DASH, STAMPEDE and BOLT.
- "N" Bus to Eldora Mountain Ski Resort.
- Light Rail
- Skyride bus service to DIA